This is a “use up what’s on hand” recipe that allowed me to enjoy the last of my early spinach that was bolting and about ready to bloom. The sausage ensures that the pasta has plenty of flavor, so this is a very simple dish to throw together without a lot of prep or hands on cooking time. More spinach in it would probably be great, but I only had about 2 cups to work with.
- 16 oz. bow-tie or other chunky pasta
- 16 oz. sausage
- 1 onion, chopped
- 2 cups fresh spinach (or more!)
- Cook pasta according to package directions.
- Meanwhile, saute sausage and onion until sausage is browned an onion is soft.
- Drain pasta and set aside.
- Stir the spinach into the sausage and cook over medium heat, stirring frequently until spinach is wilted and turns bright green.
- Stir the sausage mixture into the pasta and serve.