I don’t know how authentically “Bedouin” this recipe is, but as yeast breads go it’s relatively quick, and bread fresh from the oven is definitely delicious!
- 1 Tablespoon yeast
- 1 Tablespoon honey
- 1 1/4 cup warm water
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 3 1/2 cups flour
- Combine yeast, honey, water, and salt.
- Add the flour to form a stiff dough.
- Knead until smooth.
- Flatten to 1/2″ to 3/4″ thickness.
- Cut into 12 pieces and place on a greased baking sheet.
- Let rise 1 hour.
- Bake at 450-500° for 8-10 minutes.