If it’s getting warmer where you live, salads are starting to sound better and better as a cool, quick meal. This is a sweet and tangy dressing recipe that I got from a dear friend while I was living with her family on the other side of the world from “home.”
The flavors go well with fresh spinach. Toss in a hard boiled egg, some walnuts or pecans, and any other fresh veggies that you have on had (cucumbers, carrots, mushrooms…) and you’ve got a great spring dinner.
Dressing for Spinach Salad
- 1 medium onion, finely chopped
- 1 cup vegetable or olive oil
- 3/4 cup sugar (although I used 1/2 cup last time I made it and liked it just as well)
- 1/3 cup ketchup
- 1/4 cup vinegar (white or red cider)
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 4 teaspoons Worcestershire sauce
Combine all ingredients in a jar with a tight-fitting lid and shake well until combined. Store in the refrigerator.