I don’t know how Italian this dressing is or where Aunt Betty got the recipe (or how I get the recipe from her!), but if you’re hungry for a spring salad, this might be just the thing to go on top. Store it in the refrigerator in a tightly sealed bottle or jar.
Aunt Betty’s Italian Dressing
- 1 cup olive oil or vegetable oil
- 1/4 cup vinegar
- 2 Tablespoons onion, finely chopped
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 1 teaspoon dry mustard, ground
- 1/2 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- 2 cloves garlic, crushed (or garlic powder)
- Combine all ingredients in a jar or bottle with a tight fitting lid. Shake well.
- Refrigerate for at least 2 hours before serving.
- Shake again before serving.
Do you have a favorite dressing or dressing recipe?